Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

my lg g2 is not going in recovery mode as i flashed a new stock rom init thropugh download mode..my phone starts lg logo comes and then it restarts..cant go to recovery mode only download mode available

i really need help i wiped my internal storage by accident and now dont have a rom or my nandroid backup.....i downloaded the sdk and renamed the platform-tools and placed a new rom.zip in it and renamed the rom.zip.....when typing adb devices it recognizes my device and i tried to sideload the rom using twrp but i get cannot read zip error.....tried adb push rom.zip/sdcard and it dosnt work either im stuck and cant figure it out can someone help me please?

Hi people,
    soo I'm gonna get straight too the point.
    My lgg2 is/was rooted I took the update not knowing it would soft brick my device. I can get into download mode and recovery (TWRPv2.7.0.0) don't really have a choice about recovery bcause it boots into recovery wenever i try to reboot system. I also still have access to my nandroid backups and custom roms while in recovery ive tried it all it says flashed successful but reboots back into recovery i don't understand that. But however, I've done research and have android sdk onto my pc. my device drivers are installed and working properly when in download mode. when i boot into recovery device manager says drivers are not installed. I think its the only problem keeping adb from recognizing my device when its in adb sideload. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've been phoneless for a week and its really frustrating. I'm a noob when it comes to adb/sdk. Please help.

If this thread doesn't warn people off of romming, I don't know what will. Clearly this is a highly unsafe practice. That said, there doesn't seem to be a definitive guide for helping out anywhere. There are dozens of partial guides and most lead to more problems. I'm not sure who thought this was ever a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8tr View Post
    i really need help i wiped my internal storage by accident and now dont have a rom or my nandroid backup.....i downloaded the sdk and renamed the platform-tools and placed a new rom.zip in it and renamed the rom.zip.....when typing adb devices it recognizes my device and i tried to sideload the rom using twrp but i get cannot read zip error.....tried adb push rom.zip/sdcard and it dosnt work either im stuck and cant figure it out can someone help me please?
    Same thing happened to me. I was able to get it to go into download mode but what do i do now?I am using an apple laptop, and it will not read the phone.

hi man i have the same proplem what can i do plzzzzz~~~

Hi mr.wizzrah would you mind helping me step by step i got the phone 2 days ago and my compuer wont read it. i had no idea it was rooted when i did the system update . can u please help me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12