Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G2 Bricked!

    Not sure if this is the right place to put this (I'm new) but here goes...

    I'm so annoyed. My LG G2 on stock but rooted was working fine. Then I saw "Update for software" and I clicked it. My phone shut off and booted to TWRP. Now when I try to reboot it comes right back to TWRP. I tried to backup and then use that backup to bring back everything. That didn't work. I tried to use an old backup from December. That didn't work. I tried connecting to my PC, and it doesn't recognize the phone and so I cannot get into my files on the phone. Please help me! TWRP works, but I'm a noob and don't understand how to use it! There was something that said just "type this into the twrp terminal and it'll fix it..." with some long code thing, but the terminal in TWRP doesn't let me type! It only lets me select files. Please write a "total noob" explanation of how I can fix this... I'm so worried... Also, I tried rebooting, powering off and on, and entering download mode (whatever that is) and all of them just take me back to TWRP.

    Please help me!
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_smelly View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this (I'm new) but here goes...

    I'm so annoyed. My LG G2 on stock but rooted was working fine. Then I saw "Update for software" and I clicked it. My phone shut off and booted to TWRP. Now when I try to reboot it comes right back to TWRP. I tried to backup and then use that backup to bring back everything. That didn't work. I tried to use an old backup from December. That didn't work. I tried connecting to my PC, and it doesn't recognize the phone and so I cannot get into my files on the phone. Please help me! TWRP works, but I'm a noob and don't understand how to use it! There was something that said just "type this into the twrp terminal and it'll fix it..." with some long code thing, but the terminal in TWRP doesn't let me type! It only lets me select files. Please write a "total noob" explanation of how I can fix this? I'm so worried... Also, I tried rebooting, powering off and on, and entering download mode (whatever that is) and all of them just take me back to TWRP.

    Please help me!
    What version of TWRP are you using?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    What version of TWRP are you using?
    How do I check?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    What version of TWRP are you using?
    Sorry lol. Found it now. It's v2.6.3.0
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Any help? I really need to get this fixed...
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_smelly View Post
    Any help? I really need to get this fixed...
    Go to the mount section and enable adb sideload. Do you have android SDK?

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Go to the mount section and enable adb sideload. Do you have android SDK?

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    I know how to enter into adb sideload and I will. What is android SDK? Again, total noob here.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Android SDK means "Software Development Kit", and it used to provide assistance to developers for developing apps for Android
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinaustins View Post
    Android SDK means "Software Development Kit", and it used to provide assistance to developers for developing apps for Android
    Alright so how do I figure out if I have one? Wizzrah is asking if I have it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Alright so I got the dev kit and have adb installed and ready to go on my pc. Now what do I do?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    What version of TWRP are you using?
    Alright so I managed to get ADB set up on my pc and find my way into sideload on my phone. Issue is ADB keeps saying "error: closed" when I try to push a rom over. I heard that if you type "adb usb" it can fix this so I did and it still says "error: closed" I restarted the phone and the pc and it's still the same error. I tried stopping and starting the ADB server with commands and I'm still getting the same "error: closed". So I typed "adb devices" and it does show my device.

    How can I fix this? I have the stock rom ready to go, I just need to get it over to my LG G2!

    Thanks!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    I managed to get a rom on the LG G2. How? Well, I didn't use ADB mode in TWRP. I just used the ADB utility and it finally worked. ADB mode was all messed up for some reason and just kept giving me that error I mentioned before. Thing is, now I flashed the rom and it still keeps coming back to TWRP. Still wont boot. This is infuriating! Please help me fix this.
  13. #13  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_smelly View Post
    I managed to get a rom on the LG G2. How? Well, I didn't use ADB mode in TWRP. I just used the ADB utility and it finally worked. ADB mode was all messed up for some reason and just kept giving me that error I mentioned before. Thing is, now I flashed the rom and it still keeps coming back to TWRP. Still wont boot. This is infuriating! Please help me fix this.
    Could you show me what ROM you are flashing?

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    fixed it!
  15. #15  
    ekb55's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    You go all through that and you just say "fixed it!" There are a ton of us who are having the same exact issue and would like to know step by step how you took care of the issue. Thanks!
    Durocks likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Could you show me what ROM you are flashing?

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    hey there wizzrah. im having the same problem as captain smelly. do you mind helping me?. i dont think cptn smelly is as noob as i am.

    i tried updating from the LG pop up, it was a failure because my device is rooted. then i tried un rooting it. i think everything was fine. as soon as it finishes, my LG G2 starts rebotting again and again.

    my LG G2 is the korean K version (olleh) with Kit Kat version. i am not sure my device is "soft bricked" or "hard brick". i can still enter the "download" again but i didnt do anything to avoid things from getting worse. i tried the hard reset button, and everything was in korean. *sigh*

    what am i supposed to do?

    cheers !
  17. #17  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,703 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeAmeen View Post
    hey there wizzrah. im having the same problem as captain smelly. do you mind helping me?. i dont think cptn smelly is as noob as i am.

    i tried updating from the LG pop up, it was a failure because my device is rooted. then i tried un rooting it. i think everything was fine. as soon as it finishes, my LG G2 starts rebotting again and again.

    my LG G2 is the korean K version (olleh) with Kit Kat version. i am not sure my device is "soft bricked" or "hard brick". i can still enter the "download" again but i didnt do anything to avoid things from getting worse. i tried the hard reset button, and everything was in korean. *sigh*

    what am i supposed to do?

    cheers !
    Do you have a recovery installed?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Hey i am a noob to twrp and adb and i got the ota update and i tried to close it out and it said 30 seconds until reboot and it just rebooted into twrp and being an ***** i wiped everything not realizing it would literally wipe everything so i cant get into download mode it just boots into twrp and i tried to sideload cm rom and that didnt work (not sure how side load works anyways) and then i tried just pushing the rom to/sdcard which it is there now and i installed it along with google apps and it still just boots into twrp i dont know how to fix this ive looked everywhere and this post describes my problem but there really isnt a fix in this post im going to working around the clock to get this phone working since well its my only phone and its kind of a very important to have for me
    i dont know i think its hopeless and i just got this phone too i cant just go get another one if somebody does know anything PLEASE help me
    LG G2 D-800
  19. #19  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    I am having the same issue.

    Was running Cyanogenmod 10.2 (stable) on the LG G2 (D802).
    In the settings --> about phone --> updates and selected one of the CM 11 nightly builds. Anyway, it went into TWRP v2.6.3.2 and tried to install but failed.

    I then thought no more of it and clicked on reboot and it went back into TWRP. I tried all the reboot options and it didn't work and I can only boot into TWRP. I can also get into download mode when I plug the into USB and hold the power and volume down on boot up. I can also get to the hard reset screen.

    If I do a hard reset will I be left with the old CM 10.2 stable build just with all my files and settings lost. Any help would be much appreciated.
    I have installed the ADB from the SDK onto my computer but I can't find my device when I type in adb devices in the command line on my laptop (running Windows 7). I have got the drivers installed for the phone and the java environment SKU thing installed.

    Cptn_Smelly - come back and explain step by step how you actually fixed it, from the very first point to the point it was 'alive' again.

    Thanks
  20. #20  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    OMG sorry to hear about your G2 =[
  21. #21  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    It's always a good idea to create a nandroid backup in custom recovery just in case something doesn't flash properly.

    Here's a guide that will show you how to unbrick the G2 and flash the stock LG software. It works if you follow all the instruction.

    LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) - xda-developers
  22. #22  
    cptnsmelly's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Hey everyone. I'm sorry for just writing "Fixed"! I was in a rush at the time. I can't remember what I did. I believe I just kept telling adb to stop and start servers and eventually it accepted the rom. It was a really weird glitch. I have no idea what caused it.

    I'm having a new issue now where I'm stuck on Fastboot mode with no options available. So now I'm screwed again... Time to start a new thread for this new issue. But guys, keep trying adb. It will work eventually. I know that's what I used to fix it.
  23. #23  
    cptnsmelly's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Alright everybody. I feel it's my duty to help you guys with this. Here's what I did to fix it: I installed the android SDK on my pc (it comes with fastboot and adb) then in TWRP I went to the bottom left and tapped "ADB Sideload". Then I slid the slider on that page. Next I opened a cmd window by navigating to where adb.exe was, holding shift while right clicking and selecting "open cmd window". Then I typed "adb devices" in the cmd window. Then I typed "adb sideload ROM.zip" where ROM.zip is the actual name of the rom you're trying to flash.

    Finally when adb is finished, go back to TWRP on your phone and install the rom like you would any other (there are lots of tutorials for this part)! Problem fixed! It must just be an issue with an improper Rom installation. You'll have to find the ROM you want to install.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Hello,

    I tried to update my LG G2 D8002 to the latest Cyanogenmod Kitkat Snapshop and i stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop after returning in CWM to take backup. I tried to connect it to my Laptop but i cannot have any access in my files via my laptop. I tried to restore in other backup versions that i have already in my device and the same thing it happens. The problem is that i do not have any access in adb or i m missing any step of the process . Αfter rebooting the system, i stuck in the CWM and this situation looping every time. Do you have any idea?

    Thank you very much.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: LG G2 Bricked!

    Hello everyone can you guys please help me out? I have my Tmobile LG G2 and messed up by accepting the update now its stuck but I don't have this TWRP that everyone is talking about mine is a purple screen and says Philz Touch 6. I have tried many different ways to fix my phone but it seems nobody talks about using Philz. This is different than TWRP right? If someone could please explain to me how to get my phone running I would really appreciate it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LG G2: How can you edit the Quick Access apps?
    By dlh in forum T-Mobile LG G2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:16 PM
  3. G2 and Bluetooth LE
    By otictac1 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
  4. HELP Bricked Tablet Ematic EXP8
    By svejed123 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM
  5. I think my phone is bricked please help
    By Im Mean in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions