Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By darigaaz12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos to my PC

Still new with Samsung Ring, I bought a micro SDHC card with adapter. There are literally no instructions in the 168 pg manual so I googled a bit and found different ways, one says just use a USB cable to computer. But can I use the card, again no instructions on the box. Is it basically the same with the card as in a regular camera?

Global Posts
    31,601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Photos to my PC

Quote Originally Posted by jamak View Post
    Still new with Samsung Ring, I bought a micro SDHC card with adapter. There are literally no instructions in the 168 pg manual so I googled a bit and found different ways, one says just use a USB cable to computer. But can I use the card, again no instructions on the box. Is it basically the same with the card as in a regular camera?
    If you have a card reader slot in your PC, then yes. Slide the micro in the adapter, and then into the slot. Open normally. Thats it. When I had my S3, this was how I normally did it because the cable connection had such slow read/write speeds.

Otherwise with the cable you connect it like you were charging it, and the USB end goes into any port on your PC. Wait till your PC finds it and open file Explorer normally.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Are you talking about photos that you took and were saved directly to the external SD card, or photos that are currently in the Internal Storage?

Photos that are on your external SD card can definitely be transferred to your computer by Unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, then inserting it into your computer using the adapter. You can then copy or move those photos to your computer's drive using Windows Explorer.

Some devices have a camera app that allows you to select the external SD card as the default location to save photos. Open your Camera app, press the Menu button, select the Settings icon (looks like a gear or a bunch of switches), and look for an option for storage location.

If you have a number of photos already in the phone's Internal Storage, then you would need a good file manager app to copy or move them over to the external SD card, after which you could transfer them to your computer using the steps outlined above. Try something like ES File Explorer.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    31,601 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

In case I haven't said so before: Welcome to the forums!

Also, if you're connected via Wifi you can use a program called airdroid (or other similar programs). Just install it, go to the website on your computer, scan the code that pops up with your phone and your auto connected to transfer files over Wifi from and to your computer. Easier than finding cables and adaptors

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.