Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Default Power Saver vs. Haptic Feedback

Hi all,
    I'm one of those odd people who actually likes getting the haptic feedback on my HTC One-X when using it. I've had the phone a little over a year and the power saver feature was always running and I always got the vibrations.

For some reason, now the only way to get the vibrations when generally navigating the phone is if the power saver is turned off. Note, the keyboard and all apps that utilize vibrations still do it, but the general navigation of the phone does not (unless power saver is off). I would like to keep running power saver and have the vibrations. I'm running Android v. 4.1.1

Has anyone experienced this and if so how could it be corrected? Was there some kind of update that I didn't know about? Also, is v. 4.1.1 also known as Jelly Bean?

Thanks!
    Pete
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Power Saver vs. Haptic Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Pete777 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm one of those odd people who actually likes getting the haptic feedback on my HTC One-X when using it. I've had the phone a little over a year and the power saver feature was always running and I always got the vibrations.

For some reason, now the only way to get the vibrations when generally navigating the phone is if the power saver is turned off. Note, the keyboard and all apps that utilize vibrations still do it, but the general navigation of the phone does not (unless power saver is off). I would like to keep running power saver and have the vibrations. I'm running Android v. 4.1.1

Has anyone experienced this and if so how could it be corrected? Was there some kind of update that I didn't know about? Also, is v. 4.1.1 also known as Jelly Bean?

Thanks!
    Pete
    When you uncheck power saver mode and then tap it (not the check box), you can choose if you want to keep the vibrations. Yes, 4.1.1 is Jelly Bean.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Default Re: Power Saver vs. Haptic Feedback

OK, I found that function. That did the trick. Thanks!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3