- 2 Posts
Any possible way to extend IR Blaster functionality? 1st post please help
I have a T-mobile LG G2 and this phone comes with an Infrared (IR) Blaster. The main advertised use is to change the channel on the TV, DVR, Blu-Ray player, etc. but i know LG also allows you to control air conditioners. Well I was wondering if it is possible to program the IR blaster to control devices other than the select few options shown on the stock app. My ceiling fan/light is able to be controlled remotely and i was wondering if there is a way to use my phone to control it instead of the included remote, as i tend to lose it. Seems like this should be within the realm of possibility as LG brags that you can program the IR blaster.
Any recommendations would great thanks!
- 01-17-2014, 08:48 PM #2
Re: Any possible way to extend IR Blaster functionality? 1st post please help
1) Most ceiling fan remotes work by RF (radio) not by IR.
2) You can probably program the IR app - if you know what the device needs for each code - or if LG provides you with a "learning" app. (You point the remote at the phone and press a button on the remote. The phone saves that code and lets you name it.) Since there's probably no IR receiver in the phone, that's probably not doable.
I think what they mean by "programmable" is that we (the users) can write apps that program the IR Blaster.
- By cristianocr7 in forum HTC One (M7)Replies: 8Last Post: 01-26-2014, 11:33 AM
- By recDNA in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2014, 11:32 PM
- By jamak in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2014, 09:06 PM
- By dgrichte in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
- By Jstonemo in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2014, 06:32 PM