Moto X charging...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Moto X yesterday. I have it plugged in to charge now and it's warming up some. I noticed that the supplied charger is a 1.15A charger and every one of my other chargers if have and have been using are 2.1A. Should I just stick to using the stock 1.15A charger as opposed to ever using the 2.1A? I ask because this battery is non-removable obviously and I don't want to potentially damage it or shorten its life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The stock charger does charge it plenty quickly, but it is short and has a very snug fit. The device will not accept a charge too fast nor too much of a charge, so using one slightly stronger presents little danger. I've been using 2-3 of my other favorite chargers with no adverse effects.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The stock charger does charge it plenty quickly, but it is short and has a very snug fit. The device will not accept a charge too fast nor too much of a charge, so using one slightly stronger presents little danger. I've been using 2-3 of my other favorite chargers with no adverse effects.

That's good to know and you're dead on about the short cable with the stock charger. Ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's normal for the battery to warm a little when charging, and it's only a big citizen's if it's getting hot to the touch.

And the reason stronger chargers are ok is because the phone determines how much power to draw. Think about it this way... a standard home wall outlet (in the U.S.) is rated 15 or 30 amps, but the charger being plugged into the wall isn't being force fed the several thousand watts of power the outlet us capable of providing. Same happens between the charger and phone. I do prefer stronger chargers, because they don't have to work as hard and should last longer with all other things being equal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa