1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 2013, Kitkat, can't connect to web

Hi all

I have enjoyed my nexus 7 2103, on 4.4.2, for a few weeks now. I got adblockplus to clean up my browsing. My office wifi wasn't letting me ssh tunnel to my home server, so I set up hotspot vpn shield, but it limits usage in the free version. So I grabbed connectbot and proxydroid to get in, root using wugfresh to make those work properly. Got what I needed from the home server, shut it down, and headed for home.

So I got home, and Chrome now says Unable to connect to proxy server. So I made sure connectbot and proxyserver were not connected, and deleted the profiles I'd set up. No luck. Deleted the apps. No luck. Deleted the apps, no luck. Turned off ad block plus and deleted that, no luck. Cleared out hotspot vpn shield, deleted, nothing.

So I tried factory reset, no luck. Then I read that some people have had luck reinstalling those apps that changed proxy settings, which hasn't worked for me yet. I've tried restoring the backup I made preroot, no luck.

What can I do to get my nexus back online?

*** So as soon as I posted this, I finally found the proxy settings under kitkat (totally different than older versions, you press and hold the network name, NOT intuitive). I'm back online, and will tell my self I'll be more careful in the future. But I won't be.

Mods, delete as I'm an *****, or leave up as a warning to future idiots.

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Nexus 7 2013, Kitkat, can't connect to web

Same thing in 4.3. Long-press the network name, Modify network config, Show advanced options, Proxy settings.