Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Which phone should I get for grandmother in Ukraine

Before anyone says something: Moto G is out of the question. It's not sold locally.

I'm looking to spend around $180 dollars or less. The website I have to use is rozetka.com.ua (we have to exchange another purchase so we will be getting credit there).

I'm looking for:
    * 4 - 4.5 inch display
    * AOSP skin (I don't trust manufacturer skins unless you know from personal experience that the skin is ok)

Rozetka Website
    180 dollars in UAH is ~1500 - be sure to adjust the price range on the left of the page.

So far I've found
    Prestigio MultiPhone 5400 Duo
    Gigabyte GSmart Aku A1

These companies aren't familiar to me as I live in the US so I'd appreciate some input from you guys!

Edit: List of companies offered at the store for the price range that I am looking for (# must be over 0)

Which companies should I look at? I'd prefer to stay away from Samsung because I haven't like my experience with it here in the US.

Default Re: Which phone should I get for grandmother in Ukraine

I say samsung

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Default Re: Which phone should I get for grandmother in Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by LeoBloom. View Post
    Before anyone says something: Moto G is out of the question. It's not sold locally.
    Do you mean locally to your grandmother?

I appreciate there may be import taxes if you were to ship it direct and obviously you would need to check regarding network compatibility etc,but if it wasn't too much over budget that's the one I'd be looking at.
    Putting out fire with gasoline