- 1 Posts
GS4 Charger Port Problems
I am new to the forum, so I hope that I am posting this in the appropriate place.
My GS4 is having problems with the charging port. I took it to a T-Mobile store and they confirmed this. I called T-Mobile to see about having it serviced since it is still under warranty, and they said they would replace it.
However... they proceeded to tell me that if my screen is damaged on the phone that I returning, that I will be charged $145. Which brings me to the problem, and what I am seeking help with. My screen is indeed cracked, but that does not affect the functionallity of the phone in anyway. It has been cracked for almost 2 months - long before the issue with my charging port.
Will I be charged the additional money when my phone arrives and they see that there is damage to the screen. If so, why is that, and is there anyway that I can fight this? I don't mind the screen being cracked, I just want them to fix the charger port. It is still under warranty as the phone is only 6 months old.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
- 01-23-2014, 06:35 PM #2
Re: GS4 Charger Port Problems
They repair the charger port on your phone at their expense, since the problem is theirs. Then they use that phone as a refurb to replace someone else's broken phone.
But in your case they also have to replace the screen. That's what they're charging you for. They don't fix the port on your phone and send it back to you, they take your phone and send you another one. (Talk to the store manager - maybe he can work something out where they'll replace the port on yours and return it to you with a cracked screen. It could take a few weeks doing it that way, though.)
- By framncru in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 119Last Post: 05-27-2016, 08:58 PM
- By ChairmanMeow in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)Replies: 10Last Post: 04-13-2016, 11:35 AM
- By framncru in forum HeadsetsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2014, 12:08 AM
- By mhinc in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2014, 08:41 AM
- By framncru in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 07:34 AM