Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Verizon Android do you prefer?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid X

5 35.71%
  • Fascinate

3 21.43%
  • Droid 2

1 7.14%
  • Droid Incredible

4 28.57%
  • Other

1 7.14%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best/Favorite Verizon Android Device

Wasn't quite sure where to place this question so i'll do it here...

My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in a week or so and wants my help as to what she should get. She currently is using an LG Dare, and has had a countless number of problems with it. She considered getting a Blackberry, but because I have a Droid X, she has been able to play around with it over the past few months and she loves Android. She has narrowed her choices down to the Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, and in a distant third place, the Droid 2.

I suggested the Droid X, but my opinion is biased. She is a beginner, so she wont be concerned with rooting (although the free tethering intrigues her). Basically, she wants a phone that will give her the least amount of headaches over the next 2 years. For anybody that has used one or all of those devices, which device would you choose?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I would not discount the DInc. The GPS works, unlike Fascinate, and it has Froyo now, unlike the X and Fascinate. It's Bing Free.

But, the real answer is, does she want/need a real Keyboard? If not then X, Fascinate or DInc. Has she played with the devices other then the X? It's really a matter of preference/size. They are all good, it just boils down to what features matter to her the most.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

From the list I recommend Droid X: I like the design and reliability.

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

Oops, wtf. I didn't see Fascinate in the poll. One of those 'other' votes is for the SF!
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    But, the real answer is, does she want/need a real Keyboard? If not then X, Fascinate or DInc. Has she played with the devices other then the X? It's really a matter of preference/size. They are all good, it just boils down to what features matter to her the most.
    I think she kind of likes the idea of having a physical keyboard, but can do without it. After all she's had that tiny little Dare for almost two years now, by comparison even the Incredible is a marked improvement. She's really torn between the Fascinate and the X. Her main reservations about the Fascinate are Bing and Samsung's reliability compared to Motorola's. However, last night she went to her local Verizon and played around with the Fascinate and said she didn't have a problem with Bing, so I think she's leaning towards the Fascinate now.