Homescreen/widgets/menu not showing

bhasma

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I just rooted my android (LG p500) and was removing bloatware using titanium backup. I accidentally deleted something which caused the homescreen to go black with no widgets showing, I cant even see the menu. I can still see and work with the top bar. When the phone is locked I can see the wallpaper I had but as soon as I unlock it goes black again.
Please HELP !!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=D6omzLIv on a browser on your desktop or laptop. (If you're asked to log in, use the email address and password that's in the Google account in the phone.) Install a launcher on your phone, it doesn't matter which one. (Go Launcher runs on just about any version of Android.)

Give it a few minutes to install, then press Home. You should either be at a homescreen or a menu allowing you to choose which homescreen you want to use, Always or just one time. (You can say Always and change it later once you get things straightened out.)

bhasma

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat. I was able to solve the problem however not exactly as you mentioned.
You see just before I accidentally deleted the stock LG home launcher I got rid of the gmail app on my phone too and I had forgotten the U/N and password for the account I had synced to the phone.
What I did was send an sms to my phone reading google.com. That way I was able to start the browser, go to google play and download a new launcher. In my extensive search for a solution I didn't come across anyone mentioning this way out so this should help someone in a similar position as me. Its really simple.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's brilliant, Rukbat! I hope it works.
No, brilliant would be figuring out how to unlock the bootloader on the AT&T Note 3 without tripping Knox or adding the Custom lock. All I did was tell him what I always do. I almost never use the phone itself to install an app to it. Even with a close to 6" screen, with cataracts it's easier to use the 24" screen on the desk. and the phone screen can be off and locked and the app still installs. 24" is still not comfortable, but no one sticks a needle in my eyeball until I don't consider it safe to drive any more. (I'm not afraid of the operation - my wife had both eyes done - I just don't like people coming near my eyes with sharp things.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL--you're probably in the minority, since I would venture a guess that most people (including me) install directly from the Play Store app. That's what this forum is all about--bringing in various viewpoints to help answer questions!:cool:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I haven't met anyone - in the almost 72 years I've been breathing - I couldn't learn something from. Even the newest newbie may have figured out something I never thought of. (I've actually learned quite a few little tricks over the time I've been here - and I've been in the electronic communications business since I was earning money fixing TV sets in what's now called middle school.) You're too old to learn when they've hammered the last nail into the coffin. Or maybe not even then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax