How do i get the email app to refresh all the email accounts at one time?....

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
the email app being the the white envelope, yellow insert icon app. so for example, when i hit one specific inbox, i can either hit "refresh", or pull down for it to retrieve emails. But when i go into "all accounts" I don't see an option.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings/Accounts/email

Press the Sync all button at the bottom.

The white envelope with the yellow letter sticking out of it is Messaging (texting) not email. That's push, not pull - it refreshes when something is sent to it.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Settings/Accounts/email

Press the Sync all button at the bottom.

The white envelope with the yellow letter sticking out of it is Messaging (texting) not email. That's push, not pull - it refreshes when something is sent to it.

Hmmm. Definitely not texts. Its titled Email and it has all my email going to one place. It has my 3 email accounts, 1 yahoo and 2 gmail. And there are different choices when you go in. 'Combined" view in which all your emails are shown in one inbox or you can look at each email inbox separately. I have all my email set to manual sync. While in each account view I can ask it to refresh with one click and my emails will be retrieved but not while in combined view.

update: I just looked around and looked for apps, i d/l'ed solmail, but that looks crazy. I want to think there's just a way i can use that first program. *hope*

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If your email accounts are IMAP, not POP3, there's no "sync" - IMAP pushes email when it receives it. Syncing an IMAP account may get you the email half a second sooner, but it was about to be dent anyway, So just set all your email accounts as IMAP for receiving. (All email accounts are SMTP for sending,)

As far as the icon, mine labeled email has a white envelope, sealed, with a red @ on it. I guess each manufacturer uses a different icon for the program. If you go to combined inbox and press the sync icon on the bottom (second one, next to the "write" icon, it should sync them all. (Consistent with what I said about IMAP.) (Or maybe they're totally different programs, with just the combined inboxes in common, and you have no sync icon.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante