Replace AccuWeather, set degrees to ?F (not ?C)?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my Razr Maxx HD over a year ago... I've just "gone with" the "Circles". Accuweather is now trying to push free apps and doesn't seem to remember I want values expressed in F rather than C. Is there a way to replace accuweater on my home screen?

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If I toss circles and go with Fancy Widgets or some other.... if I find I don't like the new widget... how do I get circles back?

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Circles is probably a widget. Check in your widgets to make sure you have it there. Then you can always get it back.

If it's not a widget, check in your app drawer to see if it's an app. What's on the homescreen is just a shortcut to the apps, so deleting them from the homescreen doesn't delete the app.

If you want to go back, if it's a widget, long-press a blank spot on the homescreen, select widgets, then select the one you want. It'll appear on the current homescreen. (Scroll to the one you want it on first, so you don't have to drag it across screens to get it where you want it.)

If it's an app, scroll to the homescreen you want it on, go to the app drawer, long-press the app and drag it to the homescreen.

If it's not an app, shortcut or widget, get back to us. I use the Accuweather app and widget (because I've used their add-on in my browser for years, so I know how to handle Accuweather, but I'm not familiar with "Circles" - that's got to be a Droid thing. Accuweather itself is a widget for the homescreen and an app for full forecasts, weather alerts, etc. And it can be set to Imperial or Metric (F/C, miles/km, etc.), time and date format, what temp range you consider comfortable, all sorts of things. It does come with ads unless you pay for it, but I never noticed them until I just checked the settings to see what's changeable and noticed a "disble ads" choice, which is a link to the paid version. (Now that I look, there's an ad at the bottom of the full app - hard to notice. Nothing on the widget.)

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I think what's really starting to bug me is AccuWeather doesn't seem to remember that I want Fahrenheit. I seem to have to go back there more often recently and change from Celsius.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I've been using it on an Android for a few years and I don't think I ever had to change it.

Do you live where Celsius is the normal measure of temperature? It may be localizing. I'm in the US and never had the problem. If they're doing that, it's bad programming. A programmer should never assume what his user is going to want. (At least, in 40 years of cutting code, I never have. It's easier to teach the computer to do it the user's way than to teach the user to do it differently.)

Edit:
No, I just noticed where you are. Unless the San Andreas REALLY opened wide, and you're now right off the coast of Japan, you should be seeing F.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Mexico right now... but I've noticed it switching from F to C on it's own when I've been at home in the US before too.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Just checked again. It reads F? on my Home screen. When I tap once to get the 5 day forecast it still reads F?. When I tap More Details to get the extended forecast it magically switches to C?. Even after going into settings and setting F? as my preference... it makes no difference in the extended temperatures forecast.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699