create a gmail group

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have a group of people I want to send an email to and I want to email the same group like once a week but I Dont want to manually type in there names every time. I went on my contacts app and added these people to a group and named it test just to test it out but I Dont see how to add that whole group to my email. Any help would be awesome

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no native way to send an email to a whole Group from your Google Contacts. I use Gmail Group Share, which works pretty well, and uses your Group information from Google Contacts. You just have to go into its settings and check "Show System Groups" and "Show Invisible Groups" to make sure all of your groups show up.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that. I can't believe there's not a native way to do that it seems like such a basic feature

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You can send email/gmail to groups from the Contacts app.

Depending on which contacts app you're using (stock/sense/touchwiz/etc..) the exact steps may differ, but IIRC they all allow for it.

For example... Using the GS4 touchwiz contacts app, I just go to Contacts -> Groups -> Longpress on the Group -> Send Email -> Select All -> Done, and then I'm sent to the email/gmail app of my choice.

*note - The "Longpress on the Group" step is a shorter method, but the same can be accomplished by tapping the group -> press menu -> send email.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is unfortunately not possible with the stock People app from Android. What you're describing is a modification by Samsung.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have a gs3. Yeah soon to be thunderbolt is way out of date haha I need to change that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, well there you go--did DenverRalphy's suggestion above help, since you have a Samsung device?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can also do it with the email app (the envelope with the red @). Tap the icon to the right of the To box and it takes you to Groups in the Contacts app. Pick a group, pick all or individuals, tap Done and they're all in the To box. Or you can CC or BCC them.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded that app. I prefer that because it's so easy so I'll just keep using that. Thanks

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok i tried using that app and i keep getting an error message and it wont send the email out. Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many people you can email at one time? Im on a note 3 btw.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to Gmail Group Share? If so, after you select the group you want to email to, are you getting a selection window to choose which app to complete your action with? You should pick Gmail for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2