Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy S4: two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Hi im looking to get a new phone preferably the samsung glaxy S4 but im worried about the issues ive read about it. For example that th 16gb version only allows about 8GB of free usable storage for apps and games which isnt great for me. I read aabout samsung releasing an update last year to allow you to move apps to the sd card. Is this true and in effect??? for the 16gb version and if not, if i get the 32gb version from america( I live in the UK) will it work in the UK because i cant seem to find a 32gb version here. Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nav12345 View Post
    Hi im looking to get a new phone preferably the samsung glaxy S4 but im worried about the issues ive read about it. For example that th 16gb version only allows about 8GB of free usable storage for apps and games which isnt great for me. I read aabout samsung releasing an update last year to allow you to move apps to the sd card. Is this true and in effect??? for the 16gb version and if not, if i get the 32gb version from america( I live in the UK) will it work in the UK because i cant seem to find a 32gb version here. Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forums.
    The US might have a device that will work. Best to compare the radios on a device (either TMobile or AT&T) versus your carrier's. I think TMo is going to be the more versatile.

    As for the moving of apps; that is going to depend on a few things. 1. if the developer chooses to support moving data to an external SD card, and 2. how much they allow data to be moved.
    You might run into an app that supports that, but only allows say 2 MB of the 32.

    Counter question: What is it about the S4 that you like? I may have another suggestion depending on your answer.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. Firstly, what do you mean when you say the US might have a device thatll work? And i dont know what a radio is for phone..btw im on the tmobile network in the UK. Also heres a article about that update-http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s4-update-allows-users-to-move-apps-to-memory-card-brings-new-fixes-376625
    initially I was going for the Iphone 5s but the got off it because The screen was too small, then I was thinking the Htc one but I dont really like the interface, how the everything like the backgrounds black and on the app grid its scroll down rather than lef to right hich I prefer. Plus nothing really appealed to me , even the alumnium body, it ok, and the boom sound i wouldnt really use much. The galaxy s4 i seen in store when I went to look at a HTC one, and I liked it because of all the software stuff it has , like dual camera, smart stay, smart scroll etc, the cameras better,and i really like the multiwindow on one screen feature and the interface to me is better as its more vibrant and less depressing, plus the fact that its more powerful, the only thing i dislike is how it looks. ( I previously told myslef I wasnt going to get a samsung but in reality i liked it)
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nav12345 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. Firstly, what do you mean when you say the US might have a device thatll work? And i dont know what a radio is for phone..btw im on the tmobile network in the UK. Also heres a article about that update-http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s4-update-allows-users-to-move-apps-to-memory-card-brings-new-fixes-376625
    initially I was going for the Iphone 5s but the got off it because The screen was too small, then I was thinking the Htc one but I dont really like the interface, how the everything like the backgrounds black and on the app grid its scroll down rather than lef to right hich I prefer. Plus nothing really appealed to me , even the alumnium body, it ok, and the boom sound i wouldnt really use much. The galaxy s4 i seen in store when I went to look at a HTC one, and I liked it because of all the software stuff it has , like dual camera, smart stay, smart scroll etc, the cameras better,and i really like the multiwindow on one screen feature and the interface to me is better as its more vibrant and less depressing, plus the fact that its more powerful, the only thing i dislike is how it looks. ( I previously told myslef I wasnt going to get a samsung but in reality i liked it)
    Cell devices receive signals via radios. The bands need to match in order to use the device on your carrier. Since you are on a TMo network, I would ask a store rep if you can use a TMo device from the US on your network. I would guess yes. I took a look at your radio frequencies, and some do match. I think that device will work.

    Since you listed you like the Samsung signed features, that eliminates the other option I was going to give which is the Google Phone Edition. That is like a Nexus device.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nav12345 View Post
    Hi im looking to get a new phone preferably the samsung glaxy S4 but im worried about the issues ive read about it. For example that th 16gb version only allows about 8GB of free usable storage for apps and games which isnt great for me. I read aabout samsung releasing an update last year to allow you to move apps to the sd card. Is this true and in effect??? for the 16gb version and if not, if i get the 32gb version from america( I live in the UK) will it work in the UK because i cant seem to find a 32gb version here. Thanks in advance.
    Amazon has a 32Gb S4 - it's 4G too!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Thanks, will do. And do you know If I can get the 32gb version new anywhere in the UK. If not, would you say the 16gb version would be enough for someone who downloads many games and apps( a few big games) and pictures, and takes a good amount of videos and pictures??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    Amazon has a 32Gb S4 - it's 4G too!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Could you link me on that, I'd need to know the price and is it from england or america?
    Would that one work with a 3g tmobile sim? If u know, Thanks
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy s4 two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nav12345 View Post
    Could you link me on that, I'd need to know the price and is it from england or america?
    Would that one work with a 3g tmobile sim? If u know, Thanks
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gala...r-21&m1k=vb_ac

    It's UK unlocked, yes it will work with 3g

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4: two questions pleasehelppppp!

    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 LTE 32GB Mist Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

    It's UK unlocked, yes it will work with 3g

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks, that wouldve been great but the thing is I want the i9500 version because of the different processer...uhh Why does samsung have to make it so difficult.
  10. #10  
    Rukbat's Avatar

    Posts
    6,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,168 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4: two questions pleasehelppppp!

    The world is divided into two parts - one part gets the snapdragon, the other part gets the 8-core.

    As far as taking many pictures and videos, there's nothing saying you have to keep them all on the phone's internal memory. Get an OTG cable ($2 or about 1.20 pounds on eBay). Then you can connect an external flash drive or SD adapter. I currently have a 6 pocket SD wallet (it's tiny) with 2 8GB SD cards in each pocket, so I carry 96GB of data around with me. (Some of it is old enough that 8GB cards were just coming out then.) If you put 12 64GB cards in there, you'd have 768GB in your pocket. Not enough for every picture on Google Earth, but more than enough for anything you'd likely need.

Similar Threads

  1. How to print from Verizon Samung Galaxy S3 to HP 4500
    By s2linen in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 09:37 AM
  2. Galaxy Note 3 Tip: Wake Up Phone with "Hi Galaxy"
    By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  3. How to print from Galaxy S3
    By s2linen in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM
  4. Question about home screen look
    By KBlack2595 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 not using the normal sounds for locking and unlocking
    By Tommy Sebestyen in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions