1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Question Beep Free Call Recorder Please

Hi! Haven't needed one of these since my Symbian days but I'm looking for a beep-free call recorder rather urgently.

Free/paid not important as long as it does the job! All recommendations greatly appreciated, running on KK 4.4.2

Many thanks to all!
    Putting out fire with gasoline

Default Re: Beep Free Call Recorder Please

May want to check on the legalities of what you're wanting. I seem to remember reading that to record a call, one or both parties (depending on jurisdiction and can get murky if crossing jurisdictions with different laws) has to consent, or there has to be an audible beep ever so often to let the callers know a recording is taking place.

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

12 states in the US - California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington - require that all parties to a recorded call know that the call is being recorded. (California requires that if one of the parties to the call is in California, the stricter standard applies - so if the other party is in a call not requiring all parties to be notified, all parties must still be notified.)

It doesn't have to be a beep, though. Prior written consent, or consent given during the recording, is allowed.

Most Android call recorders don't beep.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Agree that in the US an audible beep is just one example of a way to alert parties to the fact of recording, but it's not the required method. What is required is that you do obtain consent, although in almost every case just stating that calls will or may (depending on if it is systematically random or deliberate) be recorded is sufficient even without an affirmative response. I have no idea what the laws are in the UK regarding this.

Either way you can find something in the Play Store, but my advice for caution would be that this is one type of app that seems to attract the seedy developers so please check out reviews, ratings, download count and developer's other apps before randomly granting a bunch of permissions to one of these apps.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")