Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "screen on" -no root?

For my Nexus 7 2013 I am looking for an app to easily wake the screen without having to use the power button. There appear to be several in the Google store, but those I checked, all seem to require root privileges. Does this mean this is impossible on an unrooted device or am I simply missing some app for unrooted devices?

Global Posts
    4,336 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: "screen on" -no root?

Alarm Clock Plus will turn the screen on if it's not locked (just off). I've never tried it with the screen locked, because mine so seldom is.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I probably worded my question wrong (or completely misunderstand your answer), but what I meant was an app that turns the screen back on after it has been "put to sleep" due to lack of activity. But a further look at the Google App Store reveas there are several more of those that do not seem to require root, so I will have to test them first.

Global Posts
    4,336 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

I don't think either of us misunderstood the other. The screen blacks out after a short time of no activity. Then after a longer time it goes to sleep. In the interval between blacking out and going to sleep, ACP will bring the screen back. I haven't tested it on a screen that's locked (asleep), so I can't say whether it will or won't wake it from that. But I thought it was worth the time for the download if you wanted to try it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't gotten around trying it yet, but I will (still very much a noob at all of this!)