Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Just bought Note 3...

What next!?!?!

Looks like I'll be spending all night figuring this device out. Any recommendations for apps, widgets?

Global Posts
    13,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Just bought Note 3...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSpaded View Post
    What next!?!?!

Looks like I'll be spending all night figuring this device out. Any recommendations for apps, widgets?

Congrats on the purchase!
    I like Keep for notes, 1Weather for accuracy and the widgets, and I would say the games depend on the user. I like Dots, Empire Vs. Orcs, and of course, AC apps, the Forums app especially!!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSpaded View Post
    What next!?!?!

Try the Note 3 forums for questions like this. They have a general one called Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and then specific ones depending on your carrier.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the suggestions on apps and the forum!

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

As Golfdriver said, it depends on the user. Hit the play store,install anything that looks interesting (you have 25GB to fill) and play. Uninstall anything you decide isn't worth it.

1 recommendation - I hate TouchWiz, so I use Nova launcher. 24 apps on the dock, 5X5 on the homescreen, and most of that in folders.

Put a screen protector on it. Even a cheap 2/$5 cut-it-yourself is better than scratching the screen. Get the kind of case that sticks up above the screen, so that if you drop it face down on a flat surface, the screen gets protected.

In a couple of months, they're going to release KitKat, 4.4.x as an over the air update. Everyone is free to do as he or she chooses, but I'm not updating mine until it's been out for at least a few months, and there aren't too many screams. (Reading about the 4.3 update to the S3 can give you nightmares.) And from what I've seen, KK doesn't really give you anything.

Have fun - it's nice phone. Just realized that mine still has Santa Android and a Christmas tree as wallpaper - have to change that.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.