Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to stop the Samsung Galaxy S4 auto backspacing

this problem happens randomly and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone

when i type something, say i misspell a word. if i wanna go edit that word. when i tap on the word, the flash cursor moves to the word, and any text behind the cursor is deleted one by one until all texts are gone. i have to retype everything behind the cursor. so annoying. any idea what causes this? thanks

Default Re: how to stop the Samsung Galaxy S4 auto backspacing

I've never seen anything like that. Does anything else lag when that happens?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenC2020 View Post
    this problem happens randomly and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone

when i type something, say i misspell a word. if i wanna go edit that word. when i tap on the word, the flash cursor moves to the word, and any text behind the cursor is deleted one by one until all texts are gone. i have to retype everything behind the cursor. so annoying. any idea what causes this? thanks
    Since when you are experiencing this problem, i will suggest why don't you try another third party application like swift keyboard and they try doing the same thing and again if the problem persist i am afraid but you need to go to the nearest samsung support centre.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i got it. it is the 3rd party keyboard glitch. thanks