- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Getting Outlook contacts without sync-ing
Hello all, I hope someone may know of a solution for me. I have a Droid maxx which I use for personal and business use. I have been able to use separate apps to view my personal (gmail) email and work email from Outlook, however, I have not been able to find a way to view my Outlook contacts and calendar on the phone without syncing my phone to outlook. I do not want to have my business contacts comingled with my personal contacts, so is there an app I can use to simply view my outlook contacts and calendar with out a sync to my phone?
- 01-28-2014, 11:00 PM #2
Re: Getting Outlook contacts without sync-ing
Viewing something on the phone normally requires that it be on the phone. Making something that's on another computer be on your phone is called syncing. So your question is "can I see on my phone something that's not on my phone?" And the answer is obviously no.
The "back door" to this is that Outlook (which probably means that the server is Exchange Server) usually has a web interface. Find the address of yours, and use a browser in your phone to look at your emails. Then they're only "on your phone" until you redirect the browser to another site or close it.
- By macman4 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2014, 11:13 AM
- By Jack Edmunds in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
- By stalemate1 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
- By dimm0k in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:34 PM
- By iznot in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM