Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I setup a second phone number using Google Voice?

Hi,
    I want to setup a second phone number using Google Voice. Some time ago I created a new number online and set it up on my previous cell. Now 2 years later I got a new cell and want to setup Google Voice, however the application behaves differently now and tries to integrate with my real phone number, and that is not my intention. During the install it verified my real phone number and tried to use it.
    My question: how to set it up to use a number I created online long time ago?
    I clicked every option but could not find a way to repoint Voice to my second number.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Can I setup a second phone number using Google Voice?

Remember that Google Voice numbers are associated with your Google account. You need to log into the App with the account you created it with. This also means that the same account needs to be in the device. You should do be able to not use your mobile phone number from the carrier and can use the one from Voice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    KatyMe 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks! I found the old google account, one that I created my old google voice number for. Logged in, fixed, and now can RECEIVE calls on this number. Now I got to figure out how do I MAKE calls from my cell phone using that phone number. I do not want my real number to be displayed. I guess the way to do it is to download and install google voice to my cell. The tricky part will be how to tell google to use my second number, not the real one. Will give it a try....

In Google voice app there's an option for making all calls with the voice number under settings

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2