Group SMS with iPhone

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have google and look for answer, but I'm having mix result, and decided to post.

I'm on T-Mobile with Sony Xperia Z1S, and my all other friends are all with AT&T and iPhone.

Whenever I'm included in their group text (or I sent out group text including them), I never get much of luck working.

I will more likely get bunch of individual MMS text from all 5 friends (iPhone) with "touch to download" but the text itself nowhere to found, and even i touch the "touch to download" mms, it doesn't download anything.

I forgot to mention, i use "hangout" as my main SMS and message app.

I have asked same question on G+ and one person replied and said he has no problem with group text with other iPhone user, and suggested me to have group message on hangout setting, and turn off Wi-Fi calling.
I tried and still doesn't work.

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a known issue (known to everyone but Apple, who refuses to admit that there's any issue) between iMessage and SMS. They just don't work together. It's something either Apple or the whole world is going to have to fix, and I can't see the whole world changing standards just because one company refuses to follow them.

At least it's not as bad as it used to be. 10 years ago, you couldn't send pictured from one carrier to another.

japyon

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply.

I think it's has been working for some now.

But interesting thing is it would cine in/out all in a group text, then maybe 10 min later I will getting "touch to download" individuals text kept coming in.

I had to go to setting and click import SMS to get group text back.. wired

Posted via Android Central App