Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default All in one music player solution

I'm looking for a true cross-platform music solution that does not necessarily rely on my stuff being stored in the cloud.

By that I mean I have a library of music files and playlists. If I make any changes to the file (tags, etc) or playlists those changes are automatically (or at least easily) reflected on my computer and my phone. I do not want to continuously stream off the cloud if possible (too slow between songs) and want to be able to access everything offline from each device.

Currently I just store my library in dropbox (using media monkey as the player on Windows and PowerAmp on Android) which works well for only having one library, and changes in tags, etc being reflected automatically in both places. However, keeping playlists synced up has proven to be a major pain in the ****.

I've considered Amazon Cloud Player but it seems like it wants everything to be stored on the cloud so I'm not sure how easy that would be to manage (would I have to constantly manually download stuff to my computer and phone to get them stored locally?).

Has anyone found a good solution to this?

Default Re: All in one music player solution

Welcome to Android Central! Maybe try doubleTwist?