Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Storage problems on Sony Xperia S

Hi everone.

My Sony Xperia S is saying that I have run out of storage. When I go to settings, storage, it says that I have 22GB available and 1.24GB used for apps. 1.03GB used for pics and vids. 28MB for audio.

Is there any way I can reallocate some of that 22GB that is free to use it for more applications?

Have I run out of physical storage, or RAM?

I do have a lot of apps start up when I start the phone. How do I stop apps from running unless i purposely start them, to conserve RAM?

I need to download so more apps so any help with this is appreciated

Global Posts
    10,474 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Storage problems on Sony Xperia S

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud Beale View Post
    Hi everone.

My Sony Xperia S is saying that I have run out of storage. When I go to settings, storage, it says that I have 22GB available and 1.24GB used for apps. 1.03GB used for pics and vids. 28MB for audio.

Is there any way I can reallocate some of that 22GB that is free to use it for more applications?

Have I run out of physical storage, or RAM?

I do have a lot of apps start up when I start the phone. How do I stop apps from running unless i purposely start them, to conserve RAM?

I need to download so more apps so any help with this is appreciated
    Welcome to the forums! You can go to Settings > Applications > Downloaded. Sort by size and clear the cache for the larger Apps. This is a temporary fix as you'll be right back to low storage soon.

In the meantime, open some of your downloaded Apps via Settings > Applications and see if the option "save to sd" (or something along those lines) is available. Not all Apps support it, but it'll also provide you with some relief. And the answer to your questions is no, you can't allocate device memory for Apps. Technically you can, but that requires rooting and modifying the device partitions, which I don't recommend.

Default Re: Storage problems on Sony Xperia S

Hey...this is really helpful

Now I have no worries to download apps

thx alot