Google Play store crashing as soon as download finishes Note 3

Sam Dockrill

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I try to download any kind of app, as soon as it finishes downloading it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". I have tried restarting but don't really know what to do from here because I just switched back to android after a nearly 5 year hiatus and so much has changed :/ It just started doing this a week or two after I got it and I don't really know why! If anyone needs more info then I'll be happy to give it but i'm really stuck right now :-\

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try to download any kind of app, as soon as it finishes downloading it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". I have tried restarting but don't really know what to do from here because I just switched back to android after a nearly 5 year hiatus and so much has changed :/ It just started doing this a week or two after I got it and I don't really know why! If anyone needs more info then I'll be happy to give it but i'm really stuck right now :-\
Welcome to the forums!

Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Store. From there, clear cache and see if that helps. Not sure what could be causing the problem, but hopefully that does the trick and gets you back up and running again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also let us know what device you're using. If it's possible, a system cache partition wipe might be helpful. Google Play Store downloads reside in the system cache partition, so it's possible that some bad bit of data there is messing up the rest of your Play Store downloads.

EDIT: Saw from your profile that you have a Note 3. Follow these steps to wipe the cache partition. You won't lose any personal data or settings: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Will have to try that cache reset. My Note 3 works with the play store most times. Just today I was adding some apps via the Aviate Beta. I could not get a single app to install. I cleared the recent cache of the Play store app and that did not help. I cleared all personal data from the play store app and it allowed me to download and install a couple apps. Now I get the play store stopped error again. Cannot download any apps again. This is only the second time I have had this issue with my note 3. Did the same thing last time and it worked well enough but is doing it again now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
New phone, still under warranty. Why fuss? Bring it to the carrier and ask if they can reflash it and note the problem in the record (so if it dies the day after the warranty expires, the complaint is on file while it's still under warranty). (Back everything up, of course - they may have to give you another phone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC