Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Vicki Liz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please Help! ZTE Supreme unresponsive!

My daughter's ZTE Supreme suddenly stopped working tonight. She uses a pattern on her touch screen to unlock it, and the touch screen wasn't registering. When I took it to look at it, I noticed that the phone was overheating. I popped the battery, let it cool down completely, and tried again. Same thing - unresponsive touch screen and it pretty much immediately overheated.

Any ideas what we can do?

Default Re: Please Help! ZTE Supreme unresponsive!

Welcome to Android Central! Lay the battery on a table and try to spin it. If it spins freely, the battery is failing (evidenced by the bulge in the middle)--try a new one.
    wizzrah likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply. I just tried it, and it really didn't spin - there is no bulge in the battery at all.

Any other ideas?

I'd suggest a hard reset, but that might be difficult if you can't even get past the lockscreen. How old is the phone? Is it still under warranty.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Update: It somehow started working again late last night for no apparent reason. My daughter took it with her today and said part way through the day it just overheated and died (it had been fully charged too). So now we can't get it to do anything.

The phone is 3 months old, and I don't think it's under warranty. It's a Virgin Mobile phone. I'm going to call them and see if I can get any help. We spent a heck of a lot of money on this phone for it to just up and die in 3 months! I really hope they can do something for me.

Most phones have at least a one year warranty. Ask Virgin Mobile if they can give you a replacement. If not, then you probably have to contact ZTE. Here's their support page: ZTE - USA
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile, and her new phone is on the way! Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Excellent, glad it worked out!