Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Removing Old Android Devices from Google Account

Hello all,

I have several older Android devices that I used to use Google+'s Location Reporting feature to keep track of family. A couple of my family members got new phones and I passed on my previous phone back to them. The problem is, I can't seem to get the automatic location reporting (which used to be Latitude, later replaced by Google+'s system).

I think it might have something to do with my old device being connected to my Google Account (and not theirs), though the phones were factory reset and had new account linked to them. I can't seem to remove the android devices from my account (when I install new apps from the online play store, my old devices still show in the drop-down menu).

Is there a way to remove my old devices from my account in hope to get location reporting to function?

Thanks,
    Christopher

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Removing Old Android Devices from Google Account

I would love to know the answer to this as well. I have an old HTC One X that's still on my account from November 2012, and my old Logitech Revue from July 2012.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDav View Post
    Try going to the Google Play store directly from your computer's browser. Next, click on the gear icon and the top right corner. Click Settings. Under "My Devices", deselect the devices you want to remove from the account under where it says Visibility.
    Thanks for your response! Actually, this only hides the devices from the drop-down list. I need to actually remove them from my account entirely. The reason is I believe the old phones are reporting my location (with my account) and because my new phone is also reporting location (successfully), the old phone's reporting gets disregarded or ignored.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDav View Post
    I think you are right. A bummer... :\
    So is there a way to remove devices entirely from an account? I can't seem to find the option anywhere