Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By someguy01234
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Just sold my bricked phone with Gmail accts in Google Play App

I had S2 skyrocket hard bricked phone with my gmail accounts in the Play Store application.

So today i sold the phone to some stranger. (since i cannot open the phone, i couldn't remove the accounts from the phone)

after selling the phone, i changed my accounts password, added 2 step verification security.

btw, the phone have Pattern type screen lock.

So tell me guys, is this enough or tell me more suggestions to protect my accounts.

Thank You

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Just sold my bricked phone with Gmail accts in Google Play App

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    I had S2 skyrocket hard bricked phone with my gmail accounts in the Play Store application.

So today i sold the phone to some stranger. (since i cannot open the phone, i couldn't remove the accounts from the phone)

after selling the phone, i changed my accounts password, added 2 step verification security.

btw, the phone have Pattern type screen lock.

So tell me guys, is this enough or tell me more suggestions to protect my accounts. Next time, remember to factory reset.

Thank You
    The password change should be enough since it won't be able to connect to the play store or get new emails.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    hell911 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    The password change should be enough since it won't be able to connect to the play store or get new emails.
    yes i noticed that, after changing my password, i cant connect to my play store in my current phone. im going to keep this new password for about 2 months to be safe.

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    yes i noticed that, after changing my password, i cant connect to my play store in my current phone. im going to keep this new password for about 2 months to be safe.
    You should not even go back to the old password. Keep the new one.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    hell911 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You should not even go back to the old password. Keep the new one.
    Google will not allow you to reuse a password.
    Thanked by:
    hell911 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Google will not allow you to reuse a password.
    Good.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk