1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to roll back from kit kat to jelly bean

I have a Nexus 7 2012 wifi version that I have updated to kit kat. I decided to root it but there's no way, believe me I've spent a lot of time on it. No driver available (or at least nothing works). I need to roll it back to jelly bean, then I should be able to get the correct driver and root it.
    So here's the 64 thousand dollar question:
    How can I take a device that's already been updated to kit kat and install jelly bean on it?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: how to roll back from kit kat to jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by kellrobinson View Post
    I have a Nexus 7 2012 wifi version that I have updated to kit kat. I decided to root it but there's no way, believe me I've spent a lot of time on it. No driver available (or at least nothing works). I need to roll it back to jelly bean, then I should be able to get the correct driver and root it.
    So here's the 64 thousand dollar question:
    How can I take a device that's already been updated to kit kat and install jelly bean on it?
    I think it is a matter of reflashing the proper images for JB. I am not entirely sure, though.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: how to roll back from kit kat to jelly bean

You have a Nexus so anything is possible, but it's better to get the driver working than go back to JB, I don't think that will solve the problem. Although knowing how to flash factory image is a good thing also.

Use this driver here:
    If you are using Windows 8, read the instruction in the thread to disable driver signature enforcement. Then make sure you install the driver while in both ADB and Fastboot mode.

To root you have to unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery using fastboot and use it to flash SuperSU package. There are lots of guides out there for it, look here http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ng-roms-hacks/

sent via tapatalk
    Last edited by someguy01234; 02-02-2014 at 03:23 AM.