- 9 Posts
how to roll back from kit kat to jelly bean
I have a Nexus 7 2012 wifi version that I have updated to kit kat. I decided to root it but there's no way, believe me I've spent a lot of time on it. No driver available (or at least nothing works). I need to roll it back to jelly bean, then I should be able to get the correct driver and root it.
So here's the 64 thousand dollar question:
How can I take a device that's already been updated to kit kat and install jelly bean on it?
- 02-01-2014, 11:21 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 02-02-2014, 03:11 AM #3
Re: how to roll back from kit kat to jelly bean
You have a Nexus so anything is possible, but it's better to get the driver working than go back to JB, I don't think that will solve the problem. Although knowing how to flash factory image is a good thing also.
Use this driver here:
If you are using Windows 8, read the instruction in the thread to disable driver signature enforcement. Then make sure you install the driver while in both ADB and Fastboot mode.
To root you have to unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery using fastboot and use it to flash SuperSU package. There are lots of guides out there for it, look here http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ng-roms-hacks/
sent via tapatalk
Last edited by someguy01234; 02-02-2014 at 03:23 AM.
- By shambains in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2014, 01:44 PM
- By osroubek in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM
- By Stratocaster3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
- By ahawkua in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2014, 07:15 PM