Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help Backlight, microphone, call and scratchy after less than 15 days

Hi all
    I purchased the Nexus 5 January 20, arrived January 24, using the first few hours I noticed that the device had a problem with backlight bleeding at the top next to the volume buttons, clearly visible in a black screen, brightness go down randmly, also I noticed that in calls others struggle to hear me, some times I do not feel right at the beginning of the call and other times my voice "go away" as I speak and others hear half of what I say, i've noticed that there is less in the audio recording, microphone seems to have some problems, and I still have not figured out if hardware or software issues, so having these problems and after waiting about 2 weeks a fix, I decided to send it back, while I was cleaning the screen, I noticed a scratch in the middle of the screen, not invisible except in screen off with a light above.I would like to know if google will still accept my device even if scratched? 15 days spoken of by requiring refund or replacement when they are starting from the arrival of the device or from the time of purchase? how should I proceed? replacement or refund?
    Thank you all in advance for the help

Default Re: Need Help Backlight, microphone, call and scratchy after less than 15 days

I would imagine it's 15 days from purchase, in which case you have 15 days to notify them that you are unhappy and are requesting a replacement device. As long as you have completed those arrangements within 15 days you should be ok. If it's after 15 days you might be out of luck.

And I would request a replacement device. If after the 2nd one you are still unhappy I would then pursue a refund.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile