1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimus pro Can't download files larger than 20MB

Hello, I'm clicking on a download link on a website for a file that is 200 MB. The file starts to download then says complete, but only 19.71 MB is downloaded. Is there an app or browser setting which may prevent or cap file downloads directly from a web page and NOT from a store app?

I'm on an AT$T Optimus Pro running Ice Cream Sandwich

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Optimus pro Can't download files larger than 20MB

How much free internal storage space do you have? You can't download more than that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I wish it was that, but I have nearly 16 GB of available space. I've read that the default browser has issues downloading, but I don't understand why. I installed the Chrome browser and it has no issues downloading. The default browser only downloads 19.71 kb not MB as stated above. SO, if the chrome browser works then it should not be a global setting or my wireless carrier throttling my downloads. I have unlimited bandwidth from my wireless carrier. I have tried with the default browser to download on both wifi and wireless and both fail.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Try Dolphin Browser. Unless you're stuck on Chrome from desktop use. I think you'll eventually prefer Dolphon. (It also handles Flash, which neither Chrome nor the default browsers do, if that makes any difference to you.)

As far as the original problem, does it really matter why, as long as there a few solutions?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    As far as the original problem, does it really matter why, as long as there a few solutions?
    I wrote a file download application for an ecommerce site and some Droid phones are having issues downloading. Perhaps I could repair my code or do something different...We could add a FAQ about Dolphin and drive on, just trying to do better than just a FAQ.