1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation LG Optimus F3 Persistent Message

I have an LG Optimus F3 with T-Mobile. Last night, I received only the second half of a two part text message. When I click on the message in notifications, it prompts me to draft a new message. It does not appear in the thread of messages with the contact. When I clear my notifications, it quickly pops up again (if it disappears at all). Force stopping the app prompts the message to return as soon as I receive a new message. I have turned my phone on and off and pulled the battery several times each. It is really frustrating as I am unaware when I actually have unread messages without manually checking them and it has been causing the screen to light up often, draining the battery.
    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Any ideas as to fix it? Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Default Re: LG Optimus F3 Persistent Message

I Have the same problem. I turned off message notifications and this helps but then I don't know when I get new messages at all. I feel it has to be the service not the phone. Because the phone doesn't know that the message is even there! Have you resolved your issue?

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Messaging (or whatever the texting app is called), and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, then you could Clear Data, although you'll lose any saved messages.

I tried that. Didn't work. I turned off notifications, downloaded another messaging app because I can't uninstall the stock one for whatever reason. Just started using Messaging 6 (looks like an iphone now when i text) It's just a patch up job but sometimes that's what you nee to do when the creators of the phone don't let you uninstall and re-install their faulty program.