"Couldn't prepare instant mix. Please try again." (SOLUTION) for Touchless Controls

DreamyAbaddon

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
So you just bought a Moto-X and you updated to the latest software of Google Play Music so you can fully experience and enjoy the touchless controls when playing your music content!

Well that's just the problem, The latest update may have a bug that prevents you from playing the music you want with the touchless controls because it wants you to use the Instant Mix to play the song.

You can easily solve this issue by following this instruction right below:

Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Play Music -> Uninstall Updates to Google Play Music. (DONE!)
The source of the bug is from "instant Mix" and by removing the update that gives you that feature, you will now be bug free when using touchless controls to play your songs.

If this solution has helped you out, please let me know because it defiantly helped me out!
Thanks! =)

Last edited:

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, while that solution worked in 4.4, the old problem of the instant mix feature interfering with the ability to play a song using Touchless Control has returned since the update to 4.4.2, and now there appears to be no similar solution. I tried all manner of uninstalling updates, uninstalling the app and reinstalling, rebooting, importing a different music player app, etc., with no success. Then I called Motorola tech support and, after explaining the problem to a couple of technicians, I was able to reach a "Level 2 support" person, who said that they are aware of the problem and "the developer is working on it." If anyone comes up with a solution, please share. After having the feature work for a couple of months, now I miss the ability to use it.

Hash Buble

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
This bug really ruins the Google Play Music app for me. I would like to use touch less controls to play the music that is already on my phone but keep getting error (couldn't prepare instant mix please try again) It seems like there should be an easy fix for this. Are there any other apps other than "Play Music" that we could use to play music with Google now?

Paddy Landau

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Couldn't prepare instant mix. Please try again." (SOLUTION) for Touchless Controls

For me, it works when connected to the Internet via mobile data, but not when connected via WiFi.

Luke Snelgar

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem when trying to simply create instant mixes. In the end I found that changing the setting at the top of the "listen now",screen from "All music" to "On device" got it working, albeit with just what is on my phone, but at the moment that is the only place I have music stored, so I guess that makes sense. The playback capabilities of Google music are fairly useless though, I'll stick with Poweramp for local playback.

Brian Walker7

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Removing the update worked for me, but then I re-installed the app-updates and now it works, but "I'm feeling lucky" appears to have been replaced with "Shuffle All".

Jonathan Tremblay

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Changing the setting at the top of the "listen now" screen from "All music" to "On device": that was the solution I was looking for... No more "Couldn't prepare instant mix. Please try again."
Thank you, Luke Snelgar!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non