Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By garublador
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to sync 32gig of pictures from Computer to Micro SD card?

I have a 32 gig micro sd card in my Galaxy s4 mini and I am curious what program I can use to Map "My pictures" and folders on my PC with sub folders of pictures to sync with my Galaxy s4 mini but then periodically sync to the device weekly to ADD or Delete photo's that have changed since last sync.

I'm constantly adding photos to My Pictures on my PC and I don't want to simply Drag and Drop the 32gig every night, I just want to look for changes and add what is New. any thoughts?

Thank you,

Shane

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: How to sync 32gig of pictures from Computer to Micro SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
    I have a 32 gig micro sd card in my Galaxy s4 mini and I am curious what program I can use to Map "My pictures" and folders on my PC with sub folders of pictures to sync with my Galaxy s4 mini but then periodically sync to the device weekly to ADD or Delete photo's that have changed since last sync.

I'm constantly adding photos to My Pictures on my PC and I don't want to simply Drag and Drop the 32gig every night, I just want to look for changes and add what is New. any thoughts?

Thank you,

Shane
    You can't sync them so that the pictures get updated as you add them to the PC. You can only add or remove them by physically connecting or inserting it in the PC.
    Have you thought about using Dropbox? You can add the pictures there when on the PC, and then with the mobile app, view any new pictures you've added. This way it won't take up any space on the phone or the card

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Karen's Replicator It'll only copy new or changed files after the first run. )And you can get the source, so if you're a minimal BASIC programmer you can modify it to do it your way.)
    Thanked by:

I haven't used it myself, but I've heard Cheetah Sync recommended. I have iSyncr from the same developer and it's worked well for me.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I will check some of these out, thank you.

I do use Dropbox, that is an option but I like having the pictures physically on the SD or phone memory vs. network and cloud...

I will check some of these out, thank you.

I do use Dropbox, that is an option but I like having the pictures physically on the SD or phone memory vs. network and cloud...
    FolderSync will sync up cloud drives with your phone's physical drives if that's something you're looking for, too.

UJ95x likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't want to use google drive or drop box cloud drives because I like to send pics in a text or hangout chats and sometimes that isn't an option easily with cloud vs. in phone memory.

I don't want to use google drive or drop box cloud drives because I like to send pics in a text or hangout chats and sometimes that isn't an option easily with cloud vs. in phone memory.
    I don't think you understood my suggestion. The first one gives you a way to sync your phone's storage with your PC storage. The second one gives you a way to sync your phone's storage with cloud storage. Either way you have the pictures on your phone's storage.

FWIW, it's very easy to share pictures from Dropbox or Drive to anything that allows a share (e.g. MMS, email, Hangouts, etc.). But that doesn't matter, becasue the options I gave will put the pictures on your phone's storage.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by garublador View Post
    I don't think you understood my suggestion. The first one gives you a way to sync your phone's storage with your PC storage. The second one gives you a way to sync your phone's storage with cloud storage. Either way you have the pictures on your phone's storage.

FWIW, it's very easy to share pictures from Dropbox or Drive to anything that allows a share (e.g. MMS, email, Hangouts, etc.). But that doesn't matter, becasue the options I gave will put the pictures on your phone's storage.
    Thank you very much, yes I'd like to sync from my computer 30gig of pictures in folders and sub folders via usb to my Galaxy micro SD and not just drag and drop because majority will already be on the SD.