Samsung S4 Wifi is stuck on "Turning On"

chris332211

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
hello everyone!

Im new here but have been looking EVERYWHERE across the web for a fix for this problem...

I press to turn on the wifi and it just says turning on, and it like, freezes on turning on, then after a while it will turn itself off. It was working before and suddenly its just happened.

I have tried a factory reset and twice it has worked for a while then it goes back to freezing on "Turning On"

Any ideaas?

Thanksa

AbsolutStardom

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue.. I've tried factory reset and it didn't help.
I posted about this issue on these boards a little while back and no one replied. I've looked all over online.

I'm going to try rooting my phone and installing a different ROM to see if it fixes this..

dj_mooney

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem and have been for months I have tried nearly everything factory reset wipe cashe install new room which the wifi then works for about a day and the goes again my next mission is to install 4.4.2 kit kat and see if not I have not got a clue

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try rooting my phone and installing a different ROM to see if it fixes this..
The ROM you'll install will be rooted,so rooting the phone first is a waste of effort. Find a ROM you can install with Odin. For the S$ there are probably quite a few on XDA. (Some of them ay need you to install CWM or TWRP first.) But rooting a phone to install a ROM is like washing your car before taking it to the car wash.

praveenbhushan

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my brand new Galaxy S4 WIFI works first time of factory reset and then if restarts then Wifi continiously showing "Turning ON" and goes non responsive. I cannot do factory setting everytime the phone restart. my andriod version is 4.4.2.
Please help.

baddroid007

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I have the exact same problem with my Galaxy S4 active. It gets stuck "turning on" wifi. I've tried factory reset and the wifi works for a short time, then goes away and leaves the wifi "greyed out". Did flashing a rooted rom work for you guys or is there a fix out there???

monty6630

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
hello everyone!

Im new here but have been looking EVERYWHERE across the web for a fix for this problem...

I press to turn on the wifi and it just says turning on, and it like, freezes on turning on, then after a while it will turn itself off. It was working before and suddenly its just happened.

I have tried a factory reset and twice it has worked for a while then it goes back to freezing on "Turning On"

Any ideaas?

Thanksa

Hey all,
After more than a week with NO WIFI, i have finally figured it out.
Here are the detailed.
ISSUE: After OTA update of 4.4.3 on new nexus 5, the phone was rebooted automatically and after reboot WIFI button was greyed out. It only showed "TURNING ON".
FAILED SOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Following step DID NOT HELP
1. Factory reset
2. Battery drain and recharge after full drain
3. Power off for few hours and restart
4. Whacking the set on palm (yes, whacking, it was a recommended solution on a thread)
5. Opened the handset and checked all the hardware link, every thing was fine
6. Bootloader unlock, recovery installation (TWRP), downgrade to 4.4.2 (downloaded from google's web page)
7. Downgrade to 4.4
8. OTA update from down graded firmware
9. Sideloading the 4.4.3 update on firmware 4.4.2
10. Rooting, and installation of custom ROM (slimKat, Cynaogen mod)
11. Installation of custom kernel (linaro)
12. Flashing of 4.4.2 & 4.4 Radio/Boot images on stock rom of 4.4.3
13. Clean install of 4.4.3 (removing everything from phone except recovery)
14. *#*#4636#*#*, goto wifi and restart.
15. *#*#4636#*#*, wifi state shown "UN-INITIALIZED"

Actual Solution that worked
***** Install Paranoid Android ROM on rooted Nexus 5. The issue is with Kernel , which control the HW/OS communication. Apparently Kernel of this ROM removed the issue (but installation of SlimKat/CyanogenMod/Custom Kernel).
I then restored the backup of stock 4.4.3 from recovery and did a factory reset. Wifi & every thing else works fine now *****

djedd85

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
hello everyone!

Any ideaas?

Thanksa

I know this is an old thread but i do hope you check for answers.

I also had the same problem but found a temp fix by chance.I think you will need to be rooted tho.You can download Kingroot from xda that is what I am using.Then download "SuperSu" and "PryFi" from Playstore.

Run PryFi and allow root access then turn it on (Top right corner) and your wifi should come back to life.

Been doing this for 2weeks now without any problems.Hope it works for you guys as well.

prathamesh datar

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but i do hope you check for answers.

I also had the same problem but found a temp fix by chance.I think you will need to be rooted tho.You can download Kingroot from xda that is what I am using.Then download "SuperSu" and "PryFi" from Playstore.

Run PryFi and allow root access then turn it on (Top right corner) and your wifi should come back to life.

Been doing this for 2weeks now without any problems.Hope it works for you guys as well.

could not detect mac address any solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL