1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Device Manager

I have never been able to install Motorola Device Manager on 3 different computers. My problem is just like this Motorola Device Manager won't install!!! except when I click on the link in post #12 (#1 on the list in that post) it says the troubleshooter is not available. Could someone please post a link to a current troubleshooter for my problem? I tried googling it but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thank You.

Default Re: Motorola Device Manager

Welcome to Android Central! Let me ask you this--do you really need Motorola Device Manager installed? Do you need it to transfer files via USB? Have you checked to see if you can do so without Motorola Device Manager installed? I used to have a Razr Maxx, but I can't remember if that software was necessary for USB file transfer--it seems to me that it shouldn't be necessary, because all Android devices should be able to plug into a computer via USB and be read as an MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) device.

Keep in mind that you can also transfer files wirelessly using apps like or .

If you're interested in the stolen device location/remote wipe features of Motorola Device Manager, then you could just rely on Google's , which is standard on all current Android devices.

If you still really want to install Motorola Device Manager, then try this support page:

Global Posts
    5,749 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Motorola Device Manager

Moto X functions fine as an MTP, self installs drivers.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")