- 1 Posts
Motorola Device Manager
I have never been able to install Motorola Device Manager on 3 different computers. My problem is just like this http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...t-install.html except when I click on the link in post #12 (#1 on the list in that post) it says the troubleshooter is not available. Could someone please post a link to a current troubleshooter for my problem? I tried googling it but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thank You.
- 02-05-2014, 03:54 AM #2
Re: Motorola Device Manager
Welcome to Android Central! Let me ask you this--do you really need Motorola Device Manager installed? Do you need it to transfer files via USB? Have you checked to see if you can do so without Motorola Device Manager installed? I used to have a Razr Maxx, but I can't remember if that software was necessary for USB file transfer--it seems to me that it shouldn't be necessary, because all Android devices should be able to plug into a computer via USB and be read as an MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) device.
Keep in mind that you can also transfer files wirelessly using apps like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.
If you're interested in the stolen device location/remote wipe features of Motorola Device Manager, then you could just rely on Google's Android Device Manager, which is standard on all current Android devices.
If you still really want to install Motorola Device Manager, then try this support page: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...81/action/auth
- 02-05-2014, 03:55 AM #3
- By yunvi in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 02-07-2014, 09:36 AM
- By robe5pierre in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2014, 01:45 PM
- By milton_quranda in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2014, 11:26 AM
- By timhorton in forum Sony Xperia Tablet ZReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2014, 05:56 PM
- By SurreyAlan in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 02-03-2014, 02:05 PM