Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help... Which ToDo list/ task management app

Hi All,

I used to be a happy user of Astrid but with its demise, I need to find a suitable replacement. After hours of searching and trying different ones out, I am at a loss and was hoping someone here could help.

Essentially, my wife and I need something to manage our task lists but with the following specific requirements....
    1. We need to be able to associate tasks with multiple lists (or tags). E.g. a list containing DIY tasks for a particular room will include items we need to buy from a DIY store. Therefore needs to be on the "Buy from DIY store" list too.
    2. We need to be able to assign tasks between each other so we know who is doing what. Ideally both can see all lists and is notified when the other completes a task.
    3. We need to be able to sync between the devices.

I have looked at 10's of apps but can't find anything that does all of the above.... Why Yahoo decided to kill such a good product (Astrid!) I don't know...

thanks in advance for any help

Lee.

Global Posts
    17,613 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Help... Which ToDo list/ task management app

Welcome to the forums.
    What apps have you tried?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In terms of the ones I have tried/ looked at the specs for.... off the top of my head are..
    - Wunderlist
    - TickTick
    - Gtasks
    - Any.Do
    - DGT GTD Task list
    - Remember the Milk
    - GQueues lite
    - Tasks
    - Todoist
    - Ever note (didn't seem to be a task list manager)
    - Google keep (again didn't seem like a task list manager)

Looking at Google tasks, I dismissed it because it seemed more focused as a browser app and no real Android task list app (just creating tasks in the calendar which doesn't give you task list management from the phone or the above requirements). Is my understanding correct or maybe I missed something?

thanks

Lee.

Wunderslist does it all. I've tried them all and have to say that I've been sticking with Wunderlist for over a year for both work and play.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

When I installed Wunderlist, as far as I could see, I couldn't assign tasks (only share lists) nor could I allocate a task to more than one list. This was the free version. Did I miss something?

I have also tried Producteev now.... it seems to meet the requirement but not the best interface.

thanks
    Lee.