Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 1 Post By hallux
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can i remove google play service?

Hi. I want to get rid of from google play services and google's other cartel softwares. I dont want to share my location information via google, but ı want to share my location information via forsqaure. But google lay down "if you want to use forsquare, you must run google play services and you must share your information to us". And I dont want to pay money for google's ads; any android program has google's ads and it consumt cpu, ram and gsm internet connection. As so, for any android software before run, firstly try to show ads, after software running.. How can I get rid of from google cartel? If I make root and ı use differend mod os(cyanogenmod etc), can ı stop these google's spy softwares? Do you suggest suitable mod os?

Default Re: How can i remove google play service?

Uh, I don't think it's possible but I am not a rooter so could be wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Welcome to Android Central! Google Play Services is pretty integral these days to the function of an Android device, so I doubt that you can remove it completely and still expect the phone to function normally. Keep in mind that you have a Google device, so it shouldn't be surprising that it's meant to run Google software. If you're so distrustful of Google, then perhaps you may want to try or (although I don't think the latter is available in the US).
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by alparslan79 View Post
    Hi. I want to get rid of from google play services and google's other cartel softwares. I dont want to share my location information via google, but ı want to share my location information via forsqaure. But google lay down "if you want to use forsquare, you must run google play services and you must share your information to us". And I dont want to pay money for google's ads; any android program has google's ads and it consumt cpu, ram and gsm internet connection. As so, for any android software before run, firstly try to show ads, after software running.. How can I get rid of from google cartel? If I make root and ı use differend mod os(cyanogenmod etc), can ı stop these google's spy softwares? Do you suggest suitable mod os?
    I bolded the relevant sections that I'm going to reply to.

You don't pay for the ads, the companies doing the advertising do. Plain and simple, that's how it works.

If an app is consuming battery unnecessarily it's not the fault of the ad, it's the fault of the app and it needs to be fixed. You can always email the developer and tell them why you think their app is a battery hog. Most will reply to you if you're polite and have a genuine concern/question.

Google isn't a spyware company. They are very clear and up front about what they collect and why they collect it. When you boot up your phone for the first time you opt-in to the sort of collection that you're complaining about. If you don't want to use location services, then cool, but then you can't use other apps either. Location services rely on the data that Google has collected to give you the most accurate location information. Far quicker to lock and maintain accuracy than just using GPS alone.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    B. Diddy likes this.

GOOGLE isn't requiring Play Services for FourSquare to share your location, the developer of FourSquare is. The developer is using "hooks" in the programming interface to enable the location sharing (which utilizes features of Play Services), rather than programming their own method for it. It simplifies the programming, probably improves performance and better adheres to guidelines set forth by Google for smooth operation of the OS (Apple has these too).
    B. Diddy likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I think you use free gsm internet in your country but we pay money for gsm internet connection, and ads consupt internet data. On the other hand, I monitored android background process and they consupt around %16-%20 of gsm internet data. For what?
    and, "Spyware is software that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge."() I hope this definition useful for you. Thank you for your answer and interest.

"Without the consumer's knowledge" is the key phrase. There is an agreement you have to acknowledge whenever you use Google services.

Posted via Android Central App
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by alparslan79 View Post
    I think you use free gsm internet in your country but we pay money for gsm internet connection, and ads consupt internet data. On the other hand, I monitored android background process and they consupt around %16-%20 of gsm internet data. For what?
    and, "Spyware is software that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge."() I hope this definition useful for you. Thank you for your answer and interest.
    A few things.

1) In the US we absolutely pay for out data. In fact, most cell plans have data caps.
    2) Android Background Process does not equal ads. It's a multitude of things, and honestly I couldn't begin to list all of them because I'm not sure what all is encompassed here. I do know that it is not only ads.
    3) You accepted the terms and conditions and allowed location services to be used when you booted the device. If location services is on and is being used it's because you allowed it to. That is indisputable.

To directly answer your question in the OP. No, you can't stop Google Play Services from running and expect everything else to work. The reason Google did it this way was to make it easy on developers and to decouple essential features and API's from the core OS. This makes the issue of OS version updates less important in a lot of ways.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    B. Diddy likes this.

You can root and delete GmsCore.apk from/system/app or /system/priv-app.

But as long as you use Play Store it will automatically redownload it, you can't prevent it, so you have to not log into your Google account and not use Play Store either.

You can flash CyanogenMod rom and not install "gapps", that'll solve your issue.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    You can root and delete GmsCore.apk from/system/app or /system/priv-app.

But as long as you use Play Store it will automatically redownload it, you can't prevent it, so you have to not log into your Google account and not use Play Store either.

You can flash CyanogenMod rom and not install "gapps", that'll solve your issue.

sent via my Le Motonovo X
    not true. i use my phone with play services *disabled*, and aside from hangouts and the rest of the g+ (edit), everything works fine. even the play store. so root your phone and force stop, uninstall updates, clear data, disable. done.
    Last edited by davidnc; 04-18-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: cleaned post