Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default usb icon won't disappear when charging

whenever my phone dies and i connect it to the wall charger, it prompts me to choose a connection type, which is ridiculous cuz with the wall charger there is only one type (charge only). the usb icon appears in the top of the screen and won't disappear. how can i remove it? or how can i tell my phone that i've connected it to the wall charger and not to a computer?

Default Re: usb icon won't disappear when charging

I have seen this with a few phones. The device thinks it has found a USB data channel for some reason.

I read a couple scare reports about some brands of battery pack from eBay shipping with code that tries to write a virus to mass storage mode devices, but it seems so farfetched....it HAS been proven that a Mac laptop could be persistently infected by a virus stored in the battery firmware memory but that was a university experiment.

My suggestion, just ignore it and never toggle to storage mode. You could also try a different brand of charger.

Global Posts
    12,881 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Definitely an odd situation to have pop-up. I agree with Relgoshan's suggestion to try a different brand charger or possibly usb cable.

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of phone do you have? Are you using the charging cable and charger block that came with it? If it's a 3rd party cable (and especially if it's a cheaply made one), it might be sending the wrong signal to the phone.