Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Word Prediction

Hello,

I can't seem to find an answer to this problem, so hopefully somebody knows.

I use the native keyboard, and I once used caps to emphasize a word by typing "I JUST..." in a text, and now anytime I type "I" followed by "just," the text prediction changes it to "JUST."

Obviously this isn't desired, and since "just" is a word, nothing has been added to the personal dictionary in order for me to delete it. I have no idea how to get my phone to stop predicting "JUST" without resetting all of the keyboard data.

If it helps:
    HTC Droid DNA
    Android 4.2.2

Global Posts
    18,459 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android Word Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Sholar View Post
    Hello,

I can't seem to find an answer to this problem, so hopefully somebody knows.

I use the native keyboard, and I once used caps to emphasize a word by typing "I JUST..." in a text, and now anytime I type "I" followed by "just," the text prediction changes it to "JUST."

Obviously this isn't desired, and since "just" is a word, nothing has been added to the personal dictionary in order for me to delete it. I have no idea how to get my phone to stop predicting "JUST" without resetting all of the keyboard data.

If it helps:
    HTC Droid DNA
    Android 4.2.2
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try a different keyboard app. I use Google's and it properly corrects it. I tried many variations of I just and it properly corrected me.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Relletti likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Using a different keyboard shouldn't be required to fix that issue.

I did turn off word prediction for a little while, and after I turned it back on, it started behaving properly again. Maybe this is a hidden way of getting the prediction system to reset itself.

Global Posts
    7,623 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

You may be able to long press the word prediction (JUST) and delete it from the dictionary. See if that helps and clears out the prediction.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It started happening again, and I've tried deleting the word. Long pressing doesn't work.