[Q] Help Needed For BusyBox

woliw

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, well i have a problem lately i rooted my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and someday i couldnt log in google play and gmail account so i read in forums that its fixed if i delete hosts file from System/etc well i deleted it and it works grand now but when i check System/etc there is no hosts file anymore even tho they said phone will create a hosts file after you delete it and log in google play again. so will it cause any trouble if i have no hosts file?

And well i was checking if my phone rooted or not in some root checker programs and they say no busybox. should i install busybox or phone would work just just without it? i have no problem gaining access to titanium, helium or other programs which needs root.

and the last question is my phone is custom after rooted and i cant check for updates is it normal? and sometimes it turns to official when i restart it. maybe it is something cause of i have no host file?

Thank you and sorry for many questions.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, well i have a problem lately i rooted my phone Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and someday i couldnt log in google play and gmail account so i read in forums that its fixed if i delete hosts file from System/etc well i deleted it and it works grand now but when i check System/etc there is no hosts file anymore even tho they said phone will create a hosts file after you delete it and log in google play again. so will it cause any trouble if i have no hosts file?

And well i was checking if my phone rooted or not in some root checker programs and they say no busybox. should i install busybox or phone would work just just without it? i have no problem gaining access to titanium, helium or other programs which needs root.

and the last question is my phone is custom after rooted and i cant check for updates is it normal? and sometimes it turns to official when i restart it. maybe it is something cause of i have no host file?

Thank you and sorry for many questions.
Welcome to Android Central :)
1) I didn't install Busy box. Just used root access to get custom recoveries and haven't had any issues without it.
2) Yes, that's normal. You won't be able to take OTAs if you are rooted
3) Not sure about the host file but if you haven't had any issues so far, you'll probably be OK without it

woliw

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks mate. well im a bit relaxed at least :) honestly i was wondering about that but i guess i will take it easy for now and it didnt give any error without host file. darn i wish i wouldnt check host file again while my phone works just grand :)