How to Diagnose USB connection
I have a HTC Droid Inc 2 w/ 2.3.4.I am no longer able to connect to the PC. I have it set on "Disk Drive" but anytime I plug into the computer's USB, it only charges without any prompts given. If I do a Fastboot with the phone plugged to the USB, the puter then says "doesn't recognize device". I suppose it must be a hardware problem with the port on the phone. I used to be able to connect with the same phone and computer. Don't I HAVE to plug directly to the PC in order to unlock the security to get rooted? Any ideas?
- 02-07-2014, 10:29 AM #2
- 1,132 Posts
- 02-07-2014, 10:56 AM #4
- 1,132 Posts
Re: How to Diagnose USB connection
You should assume that you will, I mean if you have warranty you can ask if they can replace it for you. Guess if you're careful about opening the phone and not leave any marks they wouldn't know. I wouldn't do anything before watching a few YouTube videos on opening up the phone.
- By losergeek in forum HTC OneReplies: 10Last Post: Yesterday, 01:33 PM
- By Amy Furlong in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 36Last Post: 02-24-2014, 02:57 AM
- By williamw1987 in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 02-10-2014, 10:51 AM
- By morsecode in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2014, 03:26 PM
- By geoffist in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2014, 08:29 AM