Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google+ Auto backup backing up my facebook downloads along with camera photos and mixing them

I love the auto backup feature so that google + auto backups all the photos I click with my phone.

But along with that it also auto backs up any photos I download on facebook on my phone.

In the google + photos both the pictures (facebook and camera) are all mixed up in folders by date, with no way to separate them. I cannot see an option to separate them as well as to stop facebook downloads from auto backing up.

Does anyone know a solution?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google+ Auto backup backing up my facebook downloads along with camera photos and mixing them

bump bump

Default Re: Google+ Auto backup backing up my facebook downloads along with camera photos and mixing them

Up!

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Yep, Google+, Google plus is still a train wreck - it's receiving so little attention that it surely can't be long before they scrap it. All my photos, wherever they have been 'backed up' from, are re-dated with random dates bearing no relation to when they were taken - so stuff from five years ago appears in 'This Year in Photos'.

I don't suppose tagging this #googlefail #googleplustrainwreck #googledontcare will help at all?

M

Global Posts
    12,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

It's not Google+, it's Android. To Android, a picture is a picture, whether it came from a website cache, the camera or Facebook. Media Scanner finds all the pictures on the phone, internal and external, and puts them into a database. It can't tell where the picture came from, only in what folder it is. (Picture megadata doesn't include a URL for the source.)