Phone Will Not Shut Up

ric0003

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

For some reason whenever I now use the keyboard on my LG 4X HD the phone says aloud the key I'm pressing. I don't even know what it's called, perhaps "keypress vocals"? Can't find where to switch it off or even turn down the volume, which is really loud, very annoying as it does it even when the phone is on mute. Searched the settings, no luck. I'm going to be travelling a lot on planes and trains in the next few weeks and I really don't want people listening to what I type. I think someone on some forum somewhere mentioned that it could be a Driving Mode setting, but I can't find that anywhere either.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

For some reason whenever I now use the keyboard on my LG 4X HD the phone says aloud the key I'm pressing. I don't even know what it's called, perhaps "keypress vocals"? Can't find where to switch it off or even turn down the volume, which is really loud, very annoying as it does it even when the phone is on mute. Searched the settings, no luck. I'm going to be travelling a lot on planes and trains in the next few weeks and I really don't want people listening to what I type. I think someone on some forum somewhere mentioned that it could be a Driving Mode setting, but I can't find that anywhere either.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Go into settings > accessibility. Disable the talk back feature.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app