Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! How/Can i transfer apps on the same device to a new profile?

Hi, I'm trying to sell my phone (galaxy S4) that has a certain application on it that has now been removed from the app store. The profile I use on there is obviously my personal profile so when I sell it, I want to remove any trace of it while still keeping the app... Is this possible? If so is there any trick to doing it (I don't want to risk trying to just put a new profile on there and losing the app).

Default Re: HELP! How/Can i transfer apps on the same device to a new profile?

Welcome to Android Central! It might be a little hard for people to answer that question without knowing what the app is. If the app is no longer in the Play Store, do you know if it's still available outside the Play Store as a directly downloaded .apk file? If so, then you could completely uninstall the app first (which should remove your profile), then reinstall it again as the .apk file. Open the app again after reinstalling to make sure your profile is gone.
    UJ95x likes this.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: HELP! How/Can i transfer apps on the same device to a new profile?

Just back the app up (most backup apps save their backups as apks.) You should do that with every app you have anyway - it's part of a good backup policy.

Then just run the apk on the phone you want to install the app on. (If you have to save the data too, use something like Helium.)