Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera File Lost

Hey guys I unplugged my phone from the computer after looking at pictures, When I went to go back into the gallery they were all gone and so was the Camera file located normally in the DCIM file. So I have lost all my pictures that were on my SD card where I had them stored after taking them.
    Anybody have any ideas on getting them back somehow? I unmounted the card and tried to look that way also.

Global Posts
    9,111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Camera File Lost

You can try one of the many photo/file recovery Apps in the play store and see if that's works. There are also pc file recovery options as well. It's not guaranteed, but worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    6,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The ones in the Play store need a rooted phone and they're not free.

PhotoRec - CGSecurity works on the computer, so it doesn't need anything done to the phone, it's open source and free, It's not limited to pictures, or to any particular file format - FAT32, NTFS, Mac, ext2, 3 or 4 - it can read just about anything and if it looks like a file, it'll save it for you. The card has to be mounted in the computer, not the phone. (About the only think that might be better is ddrescue - if you live long enough for it to scan a whole decent-size SD card.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ran it a couple different waya nd and found everything but, looks like stuff that was deleted, but not the entire file I am missing. With most of my pictures from this year.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I lost the file off the SD card, is there a way it may have saved to the phone? Can I scan the phone with this software?

Global Posts
    6,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

No, there's software that will scan the phone, but installing it can overwrite the very files you're trying to get back.

That's why backups should always be made to at least TWO devices.