Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seidio+Wireless Charger=?

Hey new user here, what do you guys think i'm thinking about buying a cheaper iq wireless charger for my galaxy s4. Problem is I have a Seidio Obex case, (waterproof) its a pretty thin case and its rumored that wireless chargers even work with bulky otterbox defender cases. Any experiences, suggestions, or opinions whether or not this will work?

Thanks,

Global Posts
    9,082 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Seidio+Wireless Charger=?

I have a Nexus 5 with Spigen case. Though not the same, the case does have some thickness to it, so similar in that respect. I have no issues with Zens Qi wireless charger. Have you checked the S4 Forums to see if anyone have a similar combination of accessories?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Only thing on the forums is that the official samsung wireless is not compatible which makes sense because they change the back cover. Im looking for the cheaper converter that goes in your original back

Global Posts
    5,944 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The only limit on a Qi charger (Qi is the name of the technology, not the name of a manufacturer or inventor or anything like that - it means "energy" or "power") is 2mm. If the back of the coil can come within 2mm of the face of the charger base, it'll deliver full power. The further it is from that, the less power it delivers (meaning the longer it takes to charge). The back can be made of TPU, paper or anything non-metallic, it's the distance that determines how it will work. (It will shorten the life of the battery, because the receiver generates heat, and a lot of that heat is dissipated by the battery - which doesn't work well with heat.)