How Do I Organize My Icons?

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)

How do I organize my icons? How do I move them?

I've got icons all over the place is seemingly random locations, with no apparent way to move them.

EDIT: Added my device information

Last edited:

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Tap and hold on an app or widget. Keep holding it and you can move them around. On most devices flicking up will remove the app/ widget from the homepage and moving it to the left or right edge of the screen will move it to the next homepage. Once you let go, the app/ widget will lock in to it's new place.

Depending on what device you have, you can only move the icons on the homepage. Nexus and pure Android flavour devices can't change the order of apps in the app drawer, whereas OEMs with custom skins like Samsung, Sony, HTC and LG allow them to change.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, moving an icon over another usually will create a folder. This is useful to not clutter the screen and have your Apps neatly organized for quick access.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Tap and hold on an app or widget. Keep holding it and you can move them around.
OK. I got them moving around now.

On most devices flicking up will remove the app/ widget from the homepage and moving it to the left or right edge of the screen will move it to the next homepage. .
OK. I removed an app, and I got one to move to the next page. These several pages are all called homepages, I take it.

Depending on what device you have, you can only move the icons on the homepage. Nexus and pure Android flavour devices can't change the order of apps in the app drawer, whereas OEMs with custom skins like Samsung, Sony, HTC and LG allow them to change.
Is the app drawer the place arrived at by pressing the white circle with 2 rows of 3 white dots in it?