Issues downloading Apps in Google Play

Becky Morris

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having an issue on my poor old Samsung S2. Suddenly I am not able to download certain apps in the google play store because they are not available in my country. I live in the U.S. and have always had this phone in the U.S. so I'm not sure why it suddenly started giving me this message. Currently the app I am trying to download is Guess the 90's which I know is available in the U.S. Is there an easy fix for this that does not involve rooting my phone or calling google support? I have tried reseting my address in google wallet and reseting the play app to no avail. Thanks guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So to be clear, you do live in the US, you bought your phone in the US, and Google Play is telling you the app is not available in the US? Or does it just say that it's incompatible with your device? It's possible that some recent update of the app made it incompatible with your phone. Had you ever installed the app successfully to your S2 from Google Play before?

You could try going to the App Manager (or Settings>Apps>All​), tapping Google Play Store, and Clearing Cache.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of reports like this today. It's possible that Google is "fixing" something again. See what happens tomorrow. (About the only thing you can do without rooting your phone (which would have no effect) involves pants, a shoe and a swift upward movement.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You might be able to see compatibility issues if you go to Play on your PC, and click install. It will list what devices, if any, can be installed on what you have.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Becky Morris

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
B. Diddy - Yes, I live in the U.S. and bought my phone here. The message I get is "This item isn't available in your country." I have not installed the app successfully on my phone before but I had no issues on my Nook. The same thing happened when I tried to download the iFruit app (from GTAV). I have cleared my cache to no avail.

Rukbat - This has been an issue for me for about a month now regarding three different apps.

Golfdriver97 - Thank you! I was able to install the app by doing it this way. It's sort of inconvenient to have to download apps through my computer but I'll take it until I can get a new phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy - Yes, I live in the U.S. and bought my phone here. The message I get is "This item isn't available in your country." I have not installed the app successfully on my phone before but I had no issues on my Nook. The same thing happened when I tried to download the iFruit app (from GTAV). I have cleared my cache to no avail.

Rukbat - This has been an issue for me for about a month now regarding three different apps.

Golfdriver97 - Thank you! I was able to install the app by doing it this way. It's sort of inconvenient to have to download apps through my computer but I'll take it until I can get a new phone.

Glad that worked. It is hard to pin down what the issue may be. But, an inconvenient way to load an app is better than not at all.

See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech