SD card troubles.
I own an HTC Sensation and have an 8 GB SD card in there right now. It says I only have about 650 MB(~8%) available on the SD card. I barely have any apps on my phone and have used the SDCard Manager app to see what is taking up the space, but I can't the things taking up all that space. I only have about 400 MB of music on this SD card so it can't be that. Am I missing something? Does SD card memory get taken up in some other way?
- 02-13-2014, 12:59 AM #2"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 02-13-2014, 02:44 AM #4
Re: SD card troubles.
Welcome to Android Central! First, a somewhat dumb question--are you sure the "SD Card" you're looking at is the external SD card? Some devices call the onboard Internal Storage the "Internal SD Card." If you see separate areas like "Internal Storage" and "SD Card," then it is presumably referring to the external SD card.
Second, was the external SD card brand new when you got it? Could there have already been some data on it that you put on previously, or perhaps a prior user did? Try removing the SD card (making sure to unmount it first in Settings>Storage) and inserting it into your computer. Does the computer say the SD card is completely empty?
SD cards can be counterfeit, even if it came in what looked like legitimate packaging. Try running SD Insight, which can tell you exactly what capacity the card has.
Re: SD card troubles.
EDIT: got it fixed....6 GB was taken up by 'temporary files by HTC apps'. I couldn't see this unless I went to 'make more space'. Weird how certain apps that are meant for keeping track of SD cards wouldn't show this...
- By warrl in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7Replies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 11:50 PM
- By Jeric Gorospe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 02-13-2014, 10:11 PM
- By Kim Anderson-O in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
- By Perk Cartel in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2014, 03:44 PM
- By newS4owner in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM